Friday, June 18, 2021
CBD for Sleep – Does it Work?
For years, people who have been suffering from insomnia have taken prescription drugs to help them get a good night’s sleep. Unfortunately, many of these medications can have dangerous side effects, and those who rely on these drugs, often become addicted.
In recent years, more and more people are willing to try cannabis products to help promote a night of good quality sleep. In areas where you can buy cannabis for medicinal purposes, you will be able to find strains that help you nod off to sleep. However, there is very little research surrounding cannabis and insomnia at the moment, but there is plenty of information that suggests that CBD, a non-psychoactive compound found in cannabis plants, can help those suffering from sleep problems.
How can THC and CBD help you Sleep at Night?
One of the cannabinoids that is found in marijuana is known as THC. Unlike CBD, THC is a psychoactive compound, and it is highly sedative. A lot of people understand that THC is the compound found in cannabis products that gets people high, but very few people know that it changes the time spent in different stages of their sleep. The compound limits how long your body stays in specific stages of sleep. It limits the time you spend dreaming because it affects the REM of sleep. For those suffering from disorders like PTSD, this can prove extremely beneficial. It is estimated that around 44 million people suffer from PTSD in the United States, and many of them wake up during the night because of PTSD-related nightmares. To help reduce these bad dreams, many patients have turned to cannabis products.
For those who are new to cannabis products, CBD has become extremely popular. Although there isn’t as much evidence that shows CBD works as well as THC, many people have had great success with CBD products when trying to sleep. One recent report suggested that CBD helps people sleep because it helps reduce stress and anxiety, which are two of the many reasons people struggle to sleep. For those who want to avoid getting “high”, CBD might be worth giving a shot. For more information about CBD products, check out these helpful tips from CBD Queen.
What CBD Dosage should a Person Take?
If you are suffering from insomnia and you are thinking about taking CBD products to help you sleep at night, make sure you speak to a trained medical professional first, especially if you are taking any other medication or if you are suffering from any other underlying illnesses. For those with insomnia, you should consider taking a CBD dosage from 160mg to 600mg. In the early days of taking CBD, start small and see how your body reacts to the substance, as you get used to it you can work your way up.
In comparison to a lot of the prescription medicines on the market, CBD has no long-lasting side effects. A lot of medical experts claim that CBD is a lot safer than other alternatives that insomniacs use nowadays to sleep at night.
Should I Mix THC & CBD Products
A lot of folks who are in chronic pain like to mix CBD and THC products together. Not only does it help them sleep, but it can also reduce inflation and pain. Trying to fall asleep when you are in chronic pain is not easy, and staying asleep when the pain worsens is just as difficult. Many people who are suffering from chronic pain like cancer patients mix THC and CBD regularly to alleviate pain and to promote a good night’s sleep.
Just like eating, sleeping is a major factor when trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle. For those who are in chronic pain, they must sleep so their body can recover. Without having a good quality sleep on a regular basis, patients can expect their chronic pain to last for a long time.
Can CBD help those suffering from Depression?
Depression has been a major problem in society for many years, but since the outbreak of Covid-19, there has been an increase in the number of people diagnosed with this devastating mental illness. Depression is one of the main reasons so many people suffer from insomnia. Trying to sleep when your brain is full of negative thoughts is not easy, so many people look for solutions.
There has been plenty of research that suggests that the compound has antidepressant effects on users, and many people suffering from depression claim that CBD helps alleviate certain symptoms caused by depression.
Are there any Side-Effects?
Most CBD users can tolerate the substance and they seem to report very few side effects too. As earlier mentioned, there are no long term side effects documented, but you might want to keep an eye out for the following:
- Appetite: Some people use CBD products to help them lose weight, however, there have been many cases where people have gained weight due to the substance. Some studies show that CBD can increase a person’s appetite.
- Alters your mood: CBD can change a person’s mood. Some people who frequently get mood swings use the substance to make them feel better.
- Diarrhea: Although it is not very common, some people experience diarrhea after consuming CBD products.
- Drowsiness: This is the main reason why it is so popular with those having problems sleeping at night.
Some users have claimed that they get feelings of dizziness after taking CBD products, but it seems uncommon.
How do I Take CBD Products?
If you are new to the world of cannabis products, you might think you have to roll a big joint to consume CBD. In reality, there are lots of ways that you can take the substance, including the following:
- Edibles: Most dispensaries have a wide range of CBD-infused edibles for sale, including drinks and food. CBD gummies are extremely popular, both online and in brick-and-mortar dispensers.
- Vaping: Over the last decade or so, vaping has become one of the most popular ways of consuming nicotine products, but did you know there are lots of vaping devices designed specifically to consume CBD products? Many CBD users prefer to vape the substance t6 kk because it enters the bloodstream quickly. For those who don’t want to wait around for the effects of the CBD to kick in before they sleep at night, vaping might prove to be your best option.
- Topical: There are lots of CBD beauty products readily available. You can choose from a wide range of CBD-infused lotions and creams. They are a major part of the cannabis industry at the moment, as they have become very popular among women.
Prices tend to vary when it comes to CBD products, and there are a lot of physical stores and stores online that stock different types of CBD items. Before investing in the substance, or devices used to consume the substance, consider researching online first. A lot of people who use CBD products post honest reviews on the web so that other users know what to expect.
As time goes by, you can expect to see more and more CBD products on the market. Even in a lot of countries that don’t allow the sale of cannabis, even for medicinal purposes, CBD products are legal. Because there are no side effects, authorities don’t view CBD products the same way they look at THC products.